Do you care deeply about informing and empowering folks via information? Do you get pleasure from nurturing relationships, gaining concepts, and serving your readers? Are you captivated with serving to construct the way forward for nonprofit information in California?
Then you’re inspired to use for the place of Director of Public Engagement at CalMatters.
In practically eight years, CalMatters has turn into the most important newsroom masking California politics and politics. We’re a nonprofit, nonpartisan group, offering our protection for free of charge to greater than 250 media retailers. Over 1 million folks go to our web site per thirty days, and 150,000 subscribers obtain our morning publication.
We’re in search of somebody who cultivates significant engagement with readers throughout our viewers channels by listening, partaking, discovering concepts, producing refined and fascinating calls to engagement with our content material, and sharing the impacts of our work.
You’ll work intently with the Director of Group Engagement to achieve extra Californians wherever they’re and to deepen relationships with the individuals who learn, pay attention and be taught from us. Additionally, you will construct relationships and collaborations among the many gifted editorial, product and growth groups at CalMatters.
This can be a nice alternative to drive in the direction of thrilling targets with a few of the greatest folks within the nonprofit information enterprise. It is usually a chance to check daring new concepts for engagement with and repair to neighborhood members that shall be shared throughout the state and nation.
You’ll report back to the Membership and Engagement Supervisor, who will help your journey to develop our attain and impression.
You may work from anyplace in California with occasional visits to our headquarters in Sacramento.
fundamental operate mission:
- He listens:
- Hear what our viewers and different related media are sharing (and saying about us), and determine related insights inside CalMatters.
- Collaborate with the newsroom on website positioning and publish breaking information and trending subjects to resurface current content material.
- get engaged:
- Deepen engagement with audiences by asking questions/polls, inviting feedback and asking follow-up questions.
- Lead CalMatters workers to interact with audiences via recommendation and training.
- Discover methods to develop viewers engagement (inviting folks to click on on and skim our work, re-share our posts, contribute opinion items, ship us story ideas, and many others.).
- Collaborate internally in encouraging folks by way of our channels (internet/electronic mail/social media/app/and many others.) to enroll (electronic mail/SMS) and take part in occasions.
- Sharing present inside model advertising belongings (information, testimonials, about us) to viewers members to request membership.
- Gather and ship related viewers insights (questions, issues, feedback, story ideas, and many others.) to the suitable folks inside CalMatters.
- Evaluate viewers metrics recurrently (a couple of per week, some extra month-to-month) to adapt and enhance our work.
- Craft correct, clear, and interesting visible and textual content representations of our content material for social media channels, considering every channel’s distinctive audiences and inspiring folks to take actions (like/like, remark, share, save, click on) to enhance our attain by way of algorithms.
- Lead the CalMatters SMS (textual content) channel, sending our newest and biggest content material, inviting dialogue, performing customer support, rising subscribers and constructing the subject phase.
- Collaborate on sharing distinctive and useful insights together with your friends.
The profitable candidate is prone to have:
- Three or extra years of social media expertise.
- Journalism expertise.
- Ardour for interacting with and serving readers.
- Expertise crafting correct and interesting visible and textual content calls to be taught and have interaction with information tales.
- Skill to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and collaborative atmosphere.
- Expertise crafting visible parts to symbolize content material.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Expertise constructing video tales, together with taking pictures and modifying.
- Expertise understanding and sharing information of website positioning greatest practices to broaden readership.
- Expertise guiding readers alongside the conversion path or buyer journey in the direction of growing behavior, subscription and donation.
Compensation and incentives:
The wage vary for this place is $65,000 to $80,000.
CalMatters presents a full advantages package deal with medical, dental and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage (we cowl 90% of the fee for workers and 70% for dependents) from a spread of HMO and PPO suppliers. We’ll match contributions of as much as 4% of your wage to our 401(ok) program, give you no-cost life insurance coverage, offer you an allowance for private use of your cellular phone and a funds for skilled growth alternatives reminiscent of lessons and conferences.
We’re an expansive and collaborative newsroom, crafting a brand new paradigm for sustainable, sensible, not-for-profit journalism. We’re dedicated to reaching out to folks within the state we serve and particularly encourage members of underrepresented communities to use. In case you are , please submit a resume and canopy letter outlining how you’ll strategy the position and hyperlinks to on-line samples of your work.
In case you are having bother with this manner or would favor to use by way of electronic mail, write to [email protected] with the job title within the topic line.
#Director #Public #Engagement #CalMatters