Hey neighbors! Rose Mendez is right here with Thursday’s version of the Catonsville Day by day, which is filled with every thing that you must find out about what’s taking place regionally.
However first, at present’s climate:
Breezy with clouds and solar. Excessive: 48 Low: 30.
This is our first native sponsor. Try what they’ll do for you:
Need updates on the quickly altering actual property market in our space? Subscribe to Benjamin Meyer The weekly newsletter. Ben is an agent at EXP Realty who was born and raised in Catonsville, and is aware of the native market. Monitor the market and get insights and alternatives from a trusted knowledgeable with deep connections to our area. Visit Benjamin here to study extra.
Do you wish to see your work featured right here? click here To begin.
Listed below are the highest three tales of the day in Catonsville:
- Baltimore County Sheriff’s Workplace is investigating a carjacking that started in Baltimore and led to close by Towson On January twenty fourth. Based on police, a suspect made an tried carjacking at 9200 Harford Highway in Baltimore after which drove to Loch Raven Boulevard and Joppa Highway in Towson the place he efficiently dedicated an armed carjacking. Officers discovered the suspect with a gunshot wound close to Goucher Boulevard and Colbury Highway. (Fox Baltimore)
- Based on a brand new report By the Maryland Workplace of the Inspector Common of Training, Baltimore County Public Faculties’ poor safety measures and failure to undertake IT suggestions made them extra weak to a November 2020 ransomware assault, costing the area almost $10 million for recoveries and upgrades. The state auditor discovered that since 2008, the district has ignored suggestions from the Maryland Workplace of Legislative Audit about information and community vulnerabilities. There’s nonetheless an ongoing investigation into the ransomware assault by state and federal authorities. (state scoop)
- Create your individual statue and convey it house! The Arts Guild of Baltimore County hosts a “paint night time” On the membership in Catonsville. Take pleasure in a night of portray, snacks and enjoyable on Saturday January twenty eighth from 6:30pm to eight:00pm click here Purchase tickets earlier than they’re bought out. (Arts Guild of Baltimore County via Instagram)
Right now in and round Catonsville:
- Sip and store thirsty Thursdays at The Sacred Area Bmore in Baltimore (5:00 pm)
- Open Hair Mike With Patti Ross at Catonsville Membership (6:00 p.m)
- BCGS Orchestra: Free Live performance within the Auditorium at Charlestown Senior Residing (7:00 pm)
From my pocket book:
- Invoice Higgins will likely be interviewed at Invoice’s Music in Catonsville on Friday, January twenty seventh! listening to WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore Throughout “The place’s Marty?” A part of the 9:00 am to hear. (Catonsville Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
- Catonsville’s Rotary Membership Catonsville Rotary) Current Frosty Golf, an indoor mini golf match, on February twenty fifth! Take pleasure in money prizes, auctions (silent and reside), beer, wine, meals, and extra. Doorways open at 6:00 PM on the Charlestown Retirement Group. (
- Catonsville Chamber of Commerce via Facebook) Go to 701 Frederick Avenue in Catonsville! The shop is now open to the general public and the grand opening will likely be introduced quickly. (
You are now within the loop and able to begin Thursday off proper! I am going to see you round.
– Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a contract author. She teaches English Literature at Hunter School. She loves studying, strolling round city, and occasional!
#BCPD #Armed #Automobile #Theft #Investigation #BCPS #Ransomware #Assault